Thursday, March 15, 2012

Driving while smoking should be banned

0 comments

One day, I was driving down the street when my eyes suddenly became irritated. I quickly used a hand to wipe them and suddenly lost my balance and almost fell. After collecting myself, I realized it was not due to dust or rain drops, but cigarette ash.

 

Driving while smoking will be banned
Besides causing harm to those in the back, the act of smoking while driving does not obey street safety either. Photo: Tuoi Tre

 

In front of me, there was a young man driving his bike with one hand and holding a cigarette in the other. He carelessly exhaled white smoke together with ash towards people driving behind him.


It was not the first time I suddenly had tears coming from my eyes. On the street, I have seen several men smoking while driving. Besides causing harm to those in the back, their act does not obey street safety either.


When we have to stop at red lights or get stuck in a traffic jam next to a smoker, not only do we have to tolerate the noise and exhaust from tailpipes, but also from cigarettes, smoke and ash from which dashes into our nose and body. These days, with a growing number of cases of burning bikes, seeing someone with a cigarette increases the fear of a fire.


It becomes worse for drivers with children who have to suffer the “chimney” of poisonous smoke on the street every day. It has been reported that some drivers have been penalized for driving and talking on the phone. Why is there not a ban for those who smoke and drive at the same time?

 

I think drivers who smoke are the least of your concerns in Vietnamese traffic but thanks for sharing.

 

Written by Duong

Source: Tuoi Tre

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search By